On February 6, 2020, firm attorney Judith Ellenthal presented at the National Business Institute’s family law seminar on Advanced Custody and Support Issues for attorneys, paralegals and other professionals involved in custody proceedings.
The educational program covered information needed to gain real-world practice strategies and tools including:
- What factors judges really look at in parenting cases
- Negotiating and drafting workable parenting plans
- Updating child support when a party’s circumstances change
- Understanding child evaluators’ testing tools and how to challenge unfavorable reports
- Valuable tips and tricks for the child support worksheet
- How to avoid parenting plan provisions that can lead to later conflicts
- New developments in the rights of same sex and unmarried couples
- Strategies for proving alienation when you realize it’s occurring
- Navigating complex UIFSA and UCCJEA hypotheticals
- Developing an effective case strategy to fight false abuse allegations
About JUDITH ELLENTHAL
Judith Ellenthal practices primarily in the areas of civil litigation, family law and real estate, as well as in the area of estate planning. Her practice in family law includes divorce, custody issues, post judgment matters and appointment by the court as attorney for the minor children. Ms. Ellenthal earned her B.A. degree from Brooklyn College; M.A. degree in urban-suburban administration from the University of Bridgeport; and J.D. degree from the University of Bridgeport, now known as Quinnipiac College School of Law. She is a member of the Connecticut (member, Family Law Section) and American bar associations.
Learn more about Attorney Ellenthal and the Family Law Practice Group at Cacace, Tusch & Santagata.